Ok, ok, these aren’t really pandemic pancakes (because that would probably be a bit gross), they are however the perfect comfort food to make when you’re feeling a bit fed up and want to cheer yourself or your family up.
American pancakes are pretty damn delicious. Whilst we’re not all sold on the bacon and maple syrup topping, you can’t go wrong with syrup on its own, soft fruits like berries or banana or a generous handful of choc chips.
Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dessert, however you eat them, our Fluffy Pandemic Pancakes are easy to make from cupboard staples.
We look forward to seeing your pancake creations.
- 135g/4¾oz/ 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml/4½fl oz milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Add your flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar to a large bowl
- Add the egg and beat into the dry ingredients (you can do this by hand, with a whisk or with a hand mixer)
- When the mixture has incorporated, slowly add the milk and whisk after each addition until you have a smooth batter
- Melt the butter and then add to mixture
- Heat a small amount of butter or oil in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Once hot, add a ladle of pancake batter to the pan. When you see small bubbles of air bursting on the surface of the batter, flip
- Cook until pancake is a golden colour
- Repeat with the remaining batter
- Top with banana, blueberry and honey, or the topping of your choice and enjoy warm