Lots of us have been confused about what counts as essential shopping and what is regarded as non-essential. While many would argue that chocolate is essential, others would argue that it isn’t….because obviously they have no understanding of happiness or joy.
In our long and arduous research (this is a lie) we found that chocolate is indeed an essential item and Maltesers are in fact a food cupboard necessity (this is also a lie). Either way – you’re fine, just stock up on Maltesers during your next big shop.
This recipe for Yummy Malteser Squares is great for those non-baking, sugar craving, chocolate lovers that lots of us have become in the last few weeks.
Great for dessert or for a coffee break. Send us your pics!
- 4oz hard marg/butter
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 8oz milk chocolate
- 8oz crushed digestive biscuits
- 8oz maltesers
- 8oz white chocolate
1. Melt the margerine/butter and syrup on a low heat
2. Add the milk chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Do not boil or it will burn
3. Stir in the crushed biscuits so that the mixture thickens to a suitable consistency
4. Take off the heat and add the maltesers
5. Pour the mixture into a tin (27cm by 17cm) and chill until set
6. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Then cover the chilled mixture with the melted white chocolate. You might also want to add raisins, glace cherries, honeycomb - anuthing that you fancy really - then chill again
7. Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!